Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Thankful Reflection

This time last year at Party on the Patio, as rain poured down in buckets around us and we drank our second (or third?) margaritas -a conversation that changed everything took place. I will never forget how it started - "I want to ask you something and I don't want you to say no!"  Then she proceeded to tell me how she wanted to do some sort of fundraiser to help us with our adoption journey.

Just days before this Chris and I had talked about how we were going to have to humble ourselves and accept the help from others. We couldn't take this journey alone - financially, emotionally or spiritually. Saying yes to my dear friend that night has allowed so many doors to be opened for us on this journey. It was fitting that while I am struggling with the wait and unknown I was brought back to that moment one year ago.

We wouldn't be where we are without our friends and family, but we really couldn't without Amy. She is always the first to ask "What can we do?" or "How can I pray for you?" Tonight I am thankful for the chain of events that lead us to each other. I am thankful for a friend who has helped push me out of my comfort zones - spiritually, emotionally and physically. We couldn't have made it to this moment without her.


No comments:

Post a Comment