Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Best Valentine's Day Gift EVER!!

Last Sunday, I told you all about the $20 Valentine's Day Challenge that Kipper and I were doing in lieu of buying gifts this year. I am so happy we decided to do this, because I can't tell you how much I LOVED it! We have had some pretty awesome Valentine's Days, but this year takes the cake in the gifting department! 

As a refresher, here were the only rules:
  • Each person will create a handmade gift and card
  • We can only spend $20 total so that means only $10 each for supplies
  • Supplies in the craft room or garage are fair game

For my gift I decided to create a little glimpse into my heart! I wanted to do something to tell Kipper all the reasons I love him, but I decided to narrow it down to 147 (1 for every month we have been together) reasons! I loved making it, but I really loved watching Kipper read each and everyone one! And yes, I stayed under my budget spending only $6.00!

Here is the final product:



Now for Kipper's gift to me!!!  I can't tell you how much I LOVED my gift! And I loved how excited Kipper was to give it to me...he couldn't wait till Valentine's Day so I got it a little early! :) 

Thanks to our new found love of Big Bang Theory, Kipper has rekindled his love with comic books. So it was only fitting that my gift was a comic book!! He did a page for each year we have been together, highlighting events from that year and even came in it's own comic book sleeve to protect it!  And Kipper wins in the budget category spending $.10!

Here are the highlights of my very own comic book: 



Some of you my laugh at hearing how this was one of my favorite gifts that Kipper has ever given me, but it is the truth. All the thought and heart he put into this gift challenge filled me with more joy than anything he could have bought at a store. Now don't get me wrong...designer shoes and handbags go a long way in my book, but you get what I mean!

While we originally came up with this idea because money was a little tight and we didn't really "need" anything. But after doing this, even if money wasn't a factor in the equation, I would suggest this doing something like this to any of my friends!  Aside from just the gift giving aspect, it was an awesome way to connect with each other in a new way.

I would like to challenge each of you to come up with some similar "challenge" with your spouse or significant other.  You can wait till a major holiday or heck, set a timeline and do it just because!  If you both truly commit to it, you won't be sorry in the outcome! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment