Thursday, February 7, 2013

Adventures In Germville

I started feeling crappy on Friday evening and then spent almost the entire day in bed on Saturday. I thought I was better so we went to dinner Saturday night and I prepared to achieve my biggest achievement in my running training on Sunday - 10 miles! (which I totally did and I couldn't be more proud of myself!!)

Then came Monday morning. I woke up feeling terrible. By lunch I felt a fever coming on but we had a  board meeting, the first with the new board members, so I had to stick it out. By the time I got home I was weak and had a high fever. It was official - I was sick. 

During the 2 days I spent in bed, I learned lots of fun things:
  • Apparently I haven't seen every episode of Criminal Minds as previously thought. 
  • Realizing the Hallmark Channels top advertisers are: Colonial Penn, AARP, Build-A-Bear, Hoover Vacuums and Viking River Tours. Needless to say, I am pretty sure I am NOT their target market
  • Given the amount of commercial time, complications with pelvic mesh seem to rampant in our country. 
  • Dutchess and Fenway could seriously sleep all day. Gulliver not so much. 
  • Even though Gulliver wanted to get up and be active he won't bring you anything to drink (guess it is the whole, no opposable thumbs thing. Why else wouldn't he want to do that for his mommy?)
  • Thanks to several infomercials I have learned, there is a good chance I suffer from PBA or Pseudobulbar affect. A medical condition characterized by sudden and uncontrollable episodes of crying or laughing. An episode of PBA can occur at any time, even in inappropriate social situations. 
Yet the best moment came when watching Toddlers and Tiaras with Kipper, making fun of all the crazy names people give their kids. We started talking about names we liked and didn't like for our future kids. After about 15 minutes or so the conversation turned...

     Me: If we have a little boy, let's name him "Batman"
 
     Kipper:  (stares at me and starts laughing


     Me:  Seriously, just think about him walking into kindergarten on his first day. "Hello. I am Batman!!" 


     Kipper:  
(still laughing)  Yes that is awesome! 

     Me:  What would his middle name be? 

     Kipper:  Robin of course. 

     Me:  Really?? I think "Batman Robin Martin" is a little too much. 

     Kipper:  You think so?  I guess...


You know cause naming your child "Batman" isn't a little much on its own! lol! I love my husband and the fact that we can be silly together.  But for the record......







No comments:

Post a Comment