Thursday, March 23, 2017

Emotions of the Wait

{Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7}


You would think by now we would be masters of patience and waiting. But here I sit; my heart beating like a drum, my mind racing and tears streaming down my cheeks. I imagine there will be several moments like this over the coming weeks. I find myself getting caught up in the details of what is left to do before the girls are born and then it hits me like a sack of rocks.

In all our joy and planning, just across the metroplex is a momma whose heart is breaking. Everyday she feels the sweet kicks of those baby girls and questions if she is making the right decision. Each day we inch closer to our dreams coming true, she is closer to having to face the most difficult decision of her life. Knowing that my dream of motherhood hinges on someone else's pain and suffering isn't an easy pill to swallow.

So often I wish I could just hug her and tell her she isn't alone. Reassure her that the girls will never go a day without knowing how incredible she is or how much she loves them. And I pray that in those moments when she is hurting and scared, she feels the prayers we wrapping her and her family in.

No comments:

Post a Comment