Monday, December 19, 2016

Prayers for My Heart


From the moment we started telling people about our plans to adopt we have felt loved and supported. And while it is sometimes easy to get caught up in the fun details and daydreaming of the future, we knew going into this journey that it wasn't for the faint at heart. This journey would test our faith in ways it has never been tested before. 

For several months I have asked for friends to join us in praying for our future birth mother and I am thankful for those prayer warriors who faithfully stand by our sides as we continue to pray for her. 


Tonight I have a different prayer request, one for me and my heart.

Over the last few days I have learned that as much as I thought I had prepared my heart for how emotional this would be, there is no way to fully prepare yourself for the twists and turns that take us by surprise. I am learning that guarding your heart in this process is easier said than done. And when I have been so focused on prayer for our future birth mother, I might have underestimated the spiritual support I would need. Tonight I am overwhelmed and confused, praying for the peace I felt just a few days ago. Praying that I can get out of my own way and let God's plan for our family be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment