Friday, October 4, 2013

Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Allie Has Big News

Since the hubs put a little teaser on facebook the other day, several dear friends have been begging me to spill the beans. And I finally can! :)

Kipper did say it was NOT a baby and people kept trying to guess what it was.

  • Adopting a new fur baby
  • Adopting an adult
  • Kipper doing an Ironman
  • Moving to Midland 
  • Judging Miss America...with something about a talent of peppers and coffee. lol
  • Twins
  • Moving to Midland again (we are really wanted in Midland!)
  • Taking in a sister wife
  • Renewing our vows
No one hit the jackpot, but I do have to say the guesses have been a TON of fun to read!

My blog yesterday talked about unanswered prayers, this is a continuation of that. About 5 months ago I began praying for something and in August it looked like that prayer might have be answered. While I tried not to get my hopes up, I am me, and I did. So in the end when it didn't work out, I was devastated. I questioned myself, my abilities and my path.  But at the same time I knew in my heart of hearts that it wasn't right. Trust his plan. He will provide.

The next day. Seriously the THE. NEXT. DAY. a new door was opened. A few weeks, lots of prayer and many tears (both happy and sad) later lead to the most amazing kick off of Allietober I could imagine!

There is a move in my future. I am taking a leap and spreading my wings. And today I can finally share my new home!


I have accepted a position with Pier 1 Imports overseeing their community relations and associate engagement!

This decision didn't come lightly. Nonprofit has been my entire career. My heart and soul. Friends have joked with me for years to "come to the dark side" where they have better pay, more benefits and often time cookies. But I could never imagine it. My heart is in serving others and giving back to the community.

Of course the emotions are high because for the first time in 10 years I won't be laboring along side my dear friend and mentor, Melanie. I knew this time would come someday but I had never REALLY thought about it until now. This week has be tough. I have never experienced such joy and sorrow at the same time.

I had always dreamed of a community relations role within a company that truly valued giving back as a part of their culture, but it was just a dream. Until now. It is my reality!!!!

I will be on the giving side to our local nonprofits. I will get to connect employees with local organizations who need their volunteer service. (Pier 1 pays for every employee to volunteer 1 hour each week at the nonprofit of their choice....even hourly employees get this benefit!) I get to be an organizer, planner, cheerleader, a giver and an advocate.

Pier 1 has been incredibly supportive in my transition, especially given that Joy of Life is in 5 short weeks. The night of Joy of Life is always emotional because it is the moment you have worked towards all year. This year it will be bittersweet. It will be my last day of employment with Cancer Care Services. A few friends who have known joked it will be the best going away party I will ever get from an employer. lol.

On November 11, 2013 I start my new journey. One where I know with every fiber of my being, this is where I am meant to be. This is where all of those unanswered prayers have guided me. An opportunity that I thought was only in my dreams.

Trust his plan. He will provide.


1 comment:

  1. congrats. I know it's bittersweet, and yet you are so giving you will be volunteering in a new mode. Pier 1 has had its ups and downs, but now I know it has to be on an upswing with you on its team. Way to go!!! Have fun with this new job path - I know you'll go in with gusto. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete