Sunday, February 26, 2017

Half Marathon #12


Half Marathon #12 is in the books. I went into today knowing this race would be just as tough physically as it would be mentally given my sub-par training. I had accepted my season and was just going to have fun with my running tribe. All things considered it was pretty great race mentally and physically I felt really good until about Mile 11. Mile 12 I realized I missed a nutrition intake, but at that point the damage was done. 


When things got hard I spent those miles thinking about Parker, Peyton and their brave momma. I thought about how sometime in the next 8 weeks 1 phone call will change our lives forever. And in a brief moment when I wanted to quit, I thought about the lessons I hope to one day teach our precious girls - not just through my words, but my actions. Recovery has been a little rough today, but I'm still smiling. I am thankful for the ability to run, for a crazy supportive husband, that I got to run along side some of my very best friends and watched as one of them set nearly a 20 minute PR! 5 years of distance running and can't wait to see what adventures are to come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment