Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Summer Of Cupcakes: Gigi's Cupcakes


All aboard the cupcake express!! The third stop on our The Summer of Cupcakes tasting tour: Gigi's Cupcakes While they are a franchised Cupcakary I have more people tell me this had to be one of the locations we visited because they were simply amazing. After doing some research about the company the more excited I was about trying them. I love hearing about people who started built their dream from the ground up and Gigi's story is a great one! 


Location:   Over 50 stores in 18 states, with 7 in Texas. Dallas and Plano being the closest to Fort Worth. 

Hours:      Very by location. As a bonus you can place orders online 24 hours a day for any of the locations! 

Pricing:    $3.25 each 

Flavor Selection:   They have more amazing flavors that you can imagine! Just check out their Spring and Summer menu!


Okay, let's get down to business!


We went to the Dallas location at Lovers and Inwood. And the fun and girly exterior already had me excited!



Not only were we offered a sample as soon as we walked in the door, we quickly learned that they were running a Monday special of  "Buy Two, Get Two Free!"

As much as we didn't really need that many cupcakes, I am not going to lie...I was excited because I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted! 





And the 4 cupcakes we decided to go with?  (clockwise)

Scarlett's Red Velvet: Red velvet cake with a vanilla filling topped with cream cheese frosting, a white chocolate heart and red sugar crystals.

Wedding Cake: White cake topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkled with white nonpareils.

Miss PrincessWhite cake baked with fresh strawberries, topped with a cream cheese frosting, pink sugar crystals and a pink fondant crown.

Texas Milk Chocolate:  Milk chocolate cake topped with milk chocolate frosting, chocolate sprinkles and a bright yellow fondant star.


And the results........................



  • The only criticism both Kipper and I had was that they didn't have forks and that there was no place to sit and eat.
  • They do have counter space that you can stand at to eat. 
  • And of course Kipper was happy because Milk was on the beverage menu! :) 
  • If you are an icing person like us - THIS PLACE ROCKS! The icing is as tall as the cake part! On the flip side, if you aren't big on icing you might not love it as much as we did. It wasn't the best cake we had ever tasted, but the combination with the icing was a perfect marriage! 
The final verdict? Thumbs up all around!!! 


Stay tuned for our next stop at Bliss Cupcakes & Confections! 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm sad now cause I used to live right by the Dallas location, but I guess I'll have to go to the Plano one! I'm a sprinkles girl myself, hover, any cupcake is a good cupcake huh?! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Fort Worth so I am hoping they will open one near us (granted my waistline might not like that! lol!) I have always been a sprinkles girl, but I am finding that there are lots of other places that are just as good! But then again, I am almost always up for a good cupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete