Monday, September 26, 2011

Blame It On Pinterest


I have been the worlds crappiest blogger the last month or so. I could blame it on the fact I am getting ready to kick off the busiest 6-8 weeks of the year at work. Or maybe I have been slaving away on a really awesome project and I am getting ready to do a massive blog on it. While I am getting ready for the craziest time of the year at work, I cannot blame my blogging laziness on work (even though I do have some cool projects I can post at the end of October...) I blame my less than stellar blogging on none other than....

Some of you are probably thinking, "What is she talking about?" or "Did she forget to take her meds again?" Well my friends if you are in the dark let me enlighten you about the greatest invention since whatever it was that I was addicted to before this. :) 

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard - a place for you post collections of things you love and go back to for reference at any time! And it's social.... you can follow others, 'like' their pins, and repin their items so they show up on your virtual board. So basically anytime you find something online that your like, be it a dress you want to buy or maybe a project that you are interested in trying, you can "pin" it in one place so you can find it at the touch of a button! 


Since finding this new addiction, not only have been able to find lots of wonderful and new crafty projects and been able to catalog favorite links, blogs etc I have: 

  • Planned Kipper and I's second wedding
  • Designed enough nurseries for Kipper and I to have at least 15 kids
  • Decided I am going to learn to cook because I keep "repinning" recipes
  • Built at least 5 "dream" homes
  • And started filling my dream closest for when I am finally a size 6 again



As you can see I really have become addicted! BUT I will say Pinterest has been super handy in planning things for Joy of Life at work...so my addiction can be all bad. Right?  Now you want to get in on the fun too? Well, when I joined it was by invite only and I had to wait like 2 months before I was able to login in after requesting an invite. Not sure if you still have to have an invitation, but if  you're interested, let me know and I'll invite you so you can get posting! If you're already on - let me know! I'd love to follow your boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment