Monday, January 30, 2012

It Is Still A Mile


As you all know, Kipper and I are training to do the Warrior Dash at the end of April. Today both Kipper and I were really tired and didn't want to go work out, but we both pushed each other to head to the gym. As we drove to the gym, I was thinking I would just take it easy and maybe just walk since I was so tired. Yet as I walked into the gym and stepped on the treadmill I decided if I tool the time to get dressed and drive there, then by golly I was going to give it my all.

While I still can't run a solid mile yet, I am getting closer to it. But while I haven't hit that milestone yet, I did hit a big milestone for me today. While on the treadmill I would walk 2 min, run a 1 min, walk 2 min, run 2 min etc. When I was done with my workout I looked at how far I had gone and how long it took me - I had shaved my time down to a 15 min mile!

Is that super impressive to someone who is a runner? Well of course not! But for me, the girl that even when I worked out 4-5 times a day that HATED running, it is a huge thing! When I was done I felt so empowered and happy that Kipper and I push each other not only to workout, but to run longer, harder and faster.  Can't wait to see where we both are in another month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment