Monday, January 16, 2012

Time Sure Does Fly

Had to believe it has almost been 2 years since I directed my first JWC Spring Show. (For those of you who don't know what the heck I am talking about: every year the Junior Woman's Club of Fort Worth writes, produces and performs and original musical based off of the club wide theme for the year)  Even though I have directed twice now, that first year holds a sort of magic that I am not sure can ever be repeated. From start to finish, it was pretty much a magical experience (even if I pretty much had NO life for a year) and went down in my book as one of my greatest accomplishments to date. I can't begin to describe what is is like to watch your visions come to life through the script, dances and the show as a whole, but it is an experience I will never forget. 

Today Cascada's version of Kids In America (which was our closing number) came on and all of a sudden I still got the same giddy feeling I did the first time we performed for an audience. It is a mixture of excitement and relief that you made it to the end and the audience is still there, and clapping none the less. 


I know I will never be on Broadway or have the opportunity to direct a major show, so this experience was a dream come true for me, with little pieces of my heart sprinkled throughout.  It is always fun when something in your daily life sparks a trip down memory lane. :) 

 


I could go on and on about how much I love Spring Show (even if it does make me insane and want to punch people sometimes) but I will spare you all. I am sure there will be plenty of Spring Show related posts in the future, especially since Tricia and I are planing Eden Wood and MaKenzie Meyers from Toddlers and Tiaras in this years show! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment