Admitting the issue is the first step right??
This summer I had big plans for my blog and have some many great posts just waiting to be written, finished and/or published. And I have promised myself that they WILL get done... eventually.
In my mind I should be able to: work a full time nonprofit fundraising job, be an awesome wife and fur baby mommy, spend time with my friends and family, actually accomplish a large percentage of all the great ideas I find on Pinterest, run an Etsy shop (yea the one that has nothing currently in it), be involved with various extra-curricular activities and volunteer projects, while (somewhat) attempting to be a domestic goddess, training for a half marathon and still have time left to blog about all this awesomeness at least 1 to 2 times a week! (And we didn't even talk about the fact I am trying to come off my Adderall and start a family!)
My mind is a really warped place. Really, I live there. I know.
And in typical Allie fashion, I try to find the positives in my crazy revelations...even when I have had the same revelation at least 100 times in my life. To my credit I feel like I have grown a lot over the last few years and some important lessons are finally starting to stick..
- It okay to say no...really it is (yea still working on that one)
- You don't have to have a jam packed social calendar every day of the week - staying home in your pj's on a Saturday night is actually kind of fun
- Just because you want to do everything, doesn't mean you should
- If you you aren't taking care of yourself, you can't expect to help take care of others
- Some people/organizations/activities flat out don't deserve you
- At the end of the day, even if you are able to do all the things you wanted/needed/had to do, but you still feel like something is missing - you are an over-committer! You have so much to do that you don't actually take the time to get what you need out of those things to feed YOUR soul and make YOU happy!
Here's to hoping we won't have to have the conversation again anytime in the near future! :)