Sunday, December 25, 2016

Waiting During Christmas

{Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask you to stay. Close by me forever, and love me, I pray. Bless all the dear children in your tender care, And fit us for heaven, to live with you there.} 


As I sat in the nursery re-reading part of The Purpose of Christmas, the last verse of Away in a Manger popped into my head. As joyous and magical as this Christmas season has been, it is evident to both Kipper and I that a piece of the puzzle is missing. 

It is sometimes hard not to allow those moments of longing not to steal our joy. But in those moments when I quiet my mind and let God speak to my heart, I have so much peace. Peace that He is guiding each step of this adoption journey and that each experience is important for what is to come. 

As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, I pray for all the young pregnant women who are scared, overwhelmed and facing one the greatest decisions of their lives. I pray that they can quiet their mind and let God speak to their hearts. And I pray that when God does speak to them they experience strength and peace (much like Mary) to follow through on the plans He has for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment