Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 4 - Unicorn of the Week and Recap

After team Sports, Go Sports terrible showing in Week 3, I didn't have high hopes for Week 4. But I still did my research and made my plan. Somethings worked out well for me, others not so much. Before we get into all that let's talk Unicorn of the Week (because I know the suspense is KILLING you!) 

For the first time ever we had a TIE for Unicorn of the Week! Last time I looked at my points there was 45 seconds left in the Saints vs. Cowboys game and the Panthers D/ST was the hands down winner. The suddenly my Facebook timeline started blowing up about the overtime touchdown and sure enough Drew Brees' points had jumped.

Breaking the tie was easy. Not only did Brees help win the game in overtime, he also reached two major milestones of his career. It was only natural that he had the honor of wearing the golden horn as the Unicorn of the Week for Week 4!




The winning touchdown was Brees' 400 career touchdown pass. Making him the fifth player in NFL history to reach reach this milestone. Earlier in the game he also reached 5,000 career completions to join Brett Favre and Peyton Manning as the only NFL quarterbacks to ever achieve that feat. And just think, he gets to top it off with the highest honor of Unicorn of the Week!! Not a bad way to come back from an injury. :)

This week I did take chances. Thankfully two of them paid off.

1. Drew Brees I almost didn't play him this week since I wasn't 100% sure if he would be back or if he was how well he would do.  My NFL despising husband loves him and from everything I have read so do his teammates. He seems like an all around awesome guy so  at the last minute I decided to chance it. Plus his little family is really adorable. Like REALLY adorable.

2. Panthers D/ST Everything I read said that they would be the big wildcard of D/ST this week. They could pay off really well or be super disappointing. Since I knew the Texans were playing Atlanta I decided to roll the dice and see what happened. At one point they were up to 25 points but by the time it was said and done they finished with 15. Compared to the -4 by my benched Texans, I think I made a good call.

3. Arian Foster This guy has been sitting on my bench waiting for his big return. Kipper and Ricky both kept telling me once he came back he would pay off big.  Well he came back this week, but 1 stinking point is far from paying off in anyway, shape or size. I am going to chalk it up to return game jitters and the fact that he isn't completely healthy yet. If he doesn't get it together he and his grumpy face photo are going to be getting the boot!

4. Lamar Miller I don't know what it is about this guy. The first week I said he was about to be dead to me but then he pulled through. Every week since then he has fallen short of his projections but some reason I keep putting him back in. After another lousy week and only bringing in 3 points he might be done on team Sports, Go Sports. He has caused too many glittery unicorn tears to be shed.

When it was all said and done, I was able to squeak out a win by a 2 points - Thank you Drew Brees!!  Team Sports, Go Sports is now 3-1.  Till next week my friends when we take on team Shake and Bake!



No comments:

Post a Comment