Thursday, October 1, 2015

Help Spread JOY To Local Homeless Children This Allietober

Everyone knows I LOVE birthdays! I am pretty sure my love of birthdays started at an early age and just keep growing. 

As a child, I was very fortunate to have a family who always hosted awesome parties and showered me with love. The older I got the more I wanted to share that feeling with those I hold near and dear, including my fur babies (don't judge) on their special day. 



When October became Allietober it wasn't because I wanted a month of gifts or parties. It was more about capturing that spirit of celebration and JOY for more than a day. This year (inspired by my boss Rachel's sweet little boy, Grant) I have decided to share the JOY I feel all Allitober and #sharemybirthday with The Birthday Party Project

The Birthday Party Project is a DFW based nonprofit who brings JOY to homeless children through the MAGIC of birthdays by throwing monthly birthday parties at local shelters. I have had the opportunity to volunteer for this organization and was incredibly touched by how a simple action such as throwing a birthday party could impact a child who is living with so many uncertainties. 
Each party has a fun theme and includes all the children staying a the shelter. In addition to all the party activities and treats, each birthday child receives their own special cake and a birthday gift valued at $30. 
Every child should have the opportunity to experience the joy and excitement we all remember from our childhood birthdays. While we can't take away the pain and uncertainty  these children experience, we can help create a special memory they can hold on to when times are really tough. This Allietober I hope you will join me in helping spread JOY to the homeless children in our community through the magic of birthdays by supporting The Birthday Party Project!  
So right about now you are probably wondering what you can do to help, aren't you?!? Well there are several, simple ways you can help out! 

Donate Dollars 
The easiest way to contribute is by making tax-deductible donation online on my #shareyourbirthday fundraising page!  The coolest part about making a financial donation is that 100% of the donation goes directly to the cost of the parties! 
Not sure how much to give? On average this is what it takes for each party to happen, 
Of course no amount is too small and every single penny goes a long way in sharing the JOY with these precious kiddos! 

Donate Items 
Another great way is by donating something from their wish list! I am more than happy to arrange pick up of your items. 

  • Birthday Gift Wrapping Supplies
  • General Party Supplies (Hats, Horns, Streamers)
  • Toys (All Ages, $30 Value)
  • Round and Rectangle Plastic Tablecloths
  • Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Toys R Us) 

Donate Time
Become a Birthday Enthusiast and volunteer for a party! (find out more here) This is a great opportunity for just you, your family or a group of friends!  Parties fill up fast so you have to plan ahead, but I can promise you one thing - you won't regret it! 



Donate Your Status
Unable to donate or volunteer right now? Or want to do more? This is easiest way you can help - share this blog and/or the link to my #shareyourbirthday fundraising page on your social media platforms! The Birthday Party Project started as a grassroots effort in Dallas and now has expanded to over 12 cities in 8 different states in just 4 short years! People just like you spreading the word has made it possible for for over 11,000 homeless children to experience JOY through the MAGIC of birthdays!

It is my hope this Allietober that with the help of my friends and loved ones we will be able to spread the JOY to some really special children. Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider supporting this wonderful cause. And cheers to making the 34th Allietober the best one yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment