Last week Kipper and I made the first stop on our The Summer of Cupcakes tour: La Bella Cupcakes.
Main Location: 2405 North Main St Fort Worth, TX 76164
Tues - Sat 11 am to 6 pm
Sun 11 am to 5 pm
Closed on Mon
Satellite Locations: North East Mall and Hulen Mall
Pricing: $3 each or starting at $29 a dozen
Flavor Selection: Flavors are broken into 3 categories - Traditional, Specialty and Top Shelf. Everyday all of the Traditional flavors as well as 2-5 Specialty flavors available for walk in customers. Top Shelf flavors are by special order.
- Traditional: Chocolate on Chocolate, Chocolate on Vanilla, Cream Cheese on Chocolate, Red Velvet, Strawberry on Chocolate, Strawberry on Vanilla, Vanilla on Chocolate, Vanilla on Vanilla
- Specialty: Almond Joy, Apple Spice, Blueberry, Caramel Apple Twist, Carrot, Cherries N' Chocolate, Cherry Blossom, Cherry Limeade, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Coffee, Chocolate on Strawberry, Coconut, Egg Nog, Gingerbread, Lemon Burst, Maple Bacon, Mint Chocolate, Orange Dreamsicle, Oreo Bottom, Peanut Butter Cup, Peppermint, Pumpkin Spice, Rolo, Spice, Strawberry, Strawberry Cheesecake, Vanilla Bean, Wedding Cake
- Top Shelf: Guinness Chocolate, Mocha, Snickerdoodle, Strawberry Champagne, S'Mores, Tiramisu
Okay, let's get down to business!
Kipper and I did our "tasting" at their newest location in the food court at Hulen Mall. All the cupcakes are baked at the main location in the Stockyards and then they deliver them to their satellite locations everyday.
Of course we got our favorite, Red Velvet, which is also our "baseline" flavor for each location. For our second flavor Kipper and I decided on Cream Cheese on Chocolate.
After taking it all in, here is our official "scores" followed by a few comments! (And you thought I was joking when I told you we were going to have a have an official scoring system for this adventure didn't you?)
This my friends might be the BEST cupcake Kipper or I have ever tasted! Seriously, the best ever.
- The cake was incredibly moist and the icing almost melted in your mouth.
- The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.
- I scored the atmosphere low because lets be honest, how could you NOT score the atmosphere of a mall food court on a Saturday afternoon low?
- Loved how they displayed all the cupcakes in different cake stands with glass domes. Gave the presentation more of a boutique feel than if they would have just been in a bakery case.
- It would have been helpful if they would have had all the flavors labeled so we didn't have to keep asking which flavors were which.
- One downfall is that they ONLY sell cupcakes, no drinks. We had to stand in line at another food vendor to get a drink.
So the final verdict??? Thumbs up all around!!