A strange mix of excitement, sadness and panic hit me like a ton of bricks. The isn't news to me. I have known Joy of Life was around the corner, but this year it takes on a much different meaning.
- 31 days till Joy of Life.
- 31 days till my last day at Cancer Care Services.
- 31 days till I will no longer have my friend and mentor, who has believed in since the first time we met 10 years ago, as my boss.
- 31 days till I leave the familiarity of the non-profit world for the for-profit one.
31 days until I close a huge chapter on my life.
But on the flip side there was this:
- 33 days till I start my new job at Pier 1.
- 33 days till I "go to the dark side" of corporate America. lol.
- 33 days till I get to start doing 1 of my 2 dream jobs.
- 33 days till I don't have to go home every night at stress if I my event doesn't make goal, services will be cut and people will lose their jobs.
- 33 days till I get to meet a lot of new people.
- 33 days till I go work for a company who has built a culture that values giving back to their local community.
- 33 days till I get a raise. :)
- 33 days till I get to have new experiences and new adventures.
33 days till I start writing a new chapter of my life.
Needless to say the next 31 days will be filled with lots of emotions. But emotions aside, I still feel the same overwhelming peace I did when I first laid eyes on the job posting. I knew that it was where I was supposed to be. After I spoke with the recruiter, it confirmed it was where I was supposed to be. After my interviews, I knew even more it was where I was supposed to be.
For several months I had prayed God would open a door to an opportunity that fed my soul, helped provide for my family and would allow me to glorify him. I prayed that when that door opened he would give me the peace to know that it was the right door for me.
A few times I "thought" I found that door, but never felt the peace I had prayed for. This time the peace was there from the start. So even though I am sad and little scared of closing that chapter in 31 days I know what waits for me in 33 days is where I am supposed to be.