Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sunshine VoxBox Review

I have several friends who are on Influenster and have enjoyed getting VoxBox deliveries. About a month or so ago I decided to sign up and give it a go. It is free so why not!  So what exactly is Influenster anyway?!? 


And what the heck is a VoxBox?!?


Within a few weeks the notification that I had been selected for my first VoxBox hit my email and I was ecstatic!  I got lucky and was selected for the Sunshine VoxBox! It was filled with 6 summer inspired products that I couldn't wait to try out! 


I love that Influenster includes a card with each VoxBox giving a little detail on the product, including what each product retails for. Now that I have tired all of the products out I am ready to share some awesome (and some not so awesome) finds with you - starting with my favorite ones! 


1. Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds  I really didn't think I would like these. I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to spicy things, so I figured I would have to take Kipper's word on if they were any good. I decided to "just try one" and OMG! These are awesome!!! They have a great flavor and a little heat, but not overbearing at all. This size package retails for $1.59 and the larger cans are on par with other Blue Diamond flavors. We have already gone through one can of these since trying them! 




2. Infusium 23 Moisture Replenisher Leave-In Smoothing Creme Enhanced with Avocado and Olive Oil   Another product I wasn't sure about that ended up being one of my favorites. I have used a similar product for frizz control by Rusk for years...like 10 years! I'm a girl who finds what I like and sticks with it, but since this was free I gave it a whirl. You can actually use this with damp or dry hair, but I have only used on damp hair. It controls the frizz, makes my hair soft and I think helps it hold curl a little longer in the Texas heat - all without being heavy or greasy! The best part? You can find it at Walmart for $6.99!! That is a fraction of the cost of the Rusk product I have been using. 




3. barkThins Snacking Chocolate  This is the only product I had actually had before. We are a big fan of barkThins in our house. A yummy snack to help curb your sweet tooth that comes in interesting flavors. The Dark Chocolate Coconut is my favorite so far so I decided to use my coupon on it. In Fort Worth I have found barkThins at Target, The Fresh Market, and HEB, but according to their website Costco and Whole Foods also sells them. A regular bag will cost you $4.99, just beware that if you are having a moment of weakness - you could put away a whole bag in one sitting! :) 




4. Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Spray Moisturizer When I got my VoxBox I was recovering from a terrible sunburn. I was so excited to try this product as I was trying really hard not to peel. The product itself is great for the cost - $6.49 for a 6.5 oz. can. It is moisturizing without being heavy or greasy. Similar to spray on sunscreen you do have to rub it is. I also found you need to be careful where you apply it. We have tile floors in our bathroom and the over spray made them very slick! Because I am klutz this makes me wonder if I would by this product again. 




5. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Refreshingly Clean Cleansing Cloths  When I got picked for this VoxBox this was one of the products I was most excited about. They do a great job and don't leave your skin feeling dry or oily, but I can't get past the smell of them. I know that is the Witch Hazel as I have had issues with other products. It isn't a strong smell, but just enough for it to bother me.  I will keep using them till this pack runs out but at $6.99 I know I can purchase a comparable product that doesn't make me turn up my nose.




6. SinfulColors Nail Polish Part of this product being my least favorite might have to do with I am not a nail polish girl. Don't get me wrong - I love getting pedicures - I just can't paint my own nails/toes to save my soul. I also wasn't crazy about the color I received as I tend to be more traditional than trendy when it comes to nail polish colors.  With all that said it is about what I would expect for a $1.99 bottle of nail polish. It took several coats verses the one or two coats it takes with OPI or China Glaze. SinfulColors comes in hundreds of shades from creams, glitters, shimmers, mattes, specialty textures and eye popping brights. For the price it would be great for the teenager or collage student who like to change their nail colors every few days. 



Overall this was a great VoxBox and I am really glad I joined Influenster. Fingers crossed there will be more fun VoxBoxes in my future! :) If you are interested in getting in on the fun follow this link and get started today! 

{legal stuff: I received all of these products complimentary for testing purposes}


No comments:

Post a Comment