Monday, May 13, 2013
Allie Facts: Blogging Edition
- In a few months I will have had my blog for 2 years.
- When I started my blog it was going to be for me share different crafty projects that I was working on, but within the first year it was clear it would be more than that.
- I secretly wish I could be a full time blogger like The Bloggess or Kevin and Amanda.
- Yes, I fully realize these blogs are polar opposites of each other. It sort of reflects what goes on in my head everyday! :)
- I spend at least 50% of every run "blog planning" which is also known as "don't think about how much this sucks right now!"
- It is safe to say 95% of that material never makes it to my blog...because I forget what I came up with before I actually write it.
- Come to think of it, running has really cut into both my crafting and blogging time.
- It has taken me a while, but I have finally made peace with the fact that I am a super busy person and I am never going to stick to a regular blogging schedule.
- When I write I blog I pretend like it for my "readers" but really I write for myself. If you are offended my blog isn't all about you, sorry. But please keep reading! Seriously....keep reading.
- I have more unpublished blog posts than I do published.
- What can I say...blogging is WAY cheaper than therapy. And even though no one actually sees them it seems more public than writing in a journal.
- One day I might be brave enough to post some of them, but I am pretty sure they are much too deep for a blog that talks about "conquering the world with rhinestones."